Doctoral Programme in Education Science Universitas Pendidikan Ganesha
To become an excellent study program in critical pedagogy and cyber pedagogy in Asia in 2045 which is recognized for the development of quality human resources in the field of Education based on the local wisdom of Tri Hita Karana
- Fostering intellectual, creative and personal growth of students to think critically, creatively and broadly, to be competent in their own lives, their communities, and the world by providing high quality education.
- Provide opportunities for study programs to provide a foundation for scientific advancement of professions where research, creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship can thrive; and ensuring that everyone can develop to their full potential.
- Engage in competitive, collaborative, accommodating and innovative partnerships and community service that contribute to community growth and have regional, national and global influence. Produce Doctoral Education Graduates who are able to demonstrate professional behavior, promote peace and social harmony and demonstrate a commitment to sustainable development for the betterment of society.
- Produce Doctoral Education Graduates who pursue lifelong education in the field, and generate innovative solutions using research, entrepreneurship, and complex problem solving skills.
- To produce Education doctorate graduates who are intellectually excellent, morally harmonious, recognised by the local, regional and global organizations by successfully demonstrating the profession of major field or related discipline.
- To produce Education doctorate Graduates who are able to demonstrate professional behaviour, promote social peace and harmony and demonstrate commitment towards sustainable development for the betterment of society.
- To produce Education doctorate Graduates who pursue lifelong learning in the field, and generating innovative solutions using research, entrepreneurship, and complex problem-solving skills.
Study Programme’s Curriculum
|No.||Profile of Graduate||Description|
|1||Professional researchers who have moral ethics, integrity, and the ability to solve current educational problems and strategic policies||
Professional researchers who possess moral ethics, integrity, and the ability to solve current educational problems and strategic policies are characterized by the following characteristics:
|2||Educators who possess excellent moral ethics, integrity, and demonstrate expertise in the subjects they teach and spend time continuously acquiring new knowledge in their field||
Educators who possess excellent moral ethics, integrity, and demonstrate expertise in the subjects they teach and who spend time continuously acquiring new knowledge in their field, are characterized by the following characteristics:
|3||Educational Consultant who is empathetic and sociable, skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solutions, comprehensive and integrative. Have excellent written and oral communication skills.||
Educational Consultant who is empathetic and sociable, skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solutions, comprehensive and integrative; have excellent written and oral communication skills. characterized by the following characteristics:
Demonstrate scientific, educational, and religious attitudes and actions that contribute to improving the quality of life in society, nation and state based on academic norms and ethics based on local wisdom Tri Hita Karana
Mastering and criticizing the philosophy of science and education as well as the implementation of pedagogical content science to be able to solve current educational problems in harmony
Mastering the principles and implementation of research related to current issues in the field of Science and Education
|3. General Skills|
Able to integrate learning and innovation skills, mastery of technology and information, career development, and life skills to become lifelong learners.
Able to find or develop new scientific theories/conceptions/ideas and contribute to the development, practice of science, technology, art, and application of humanities values in their fields of expertise through scientific research based on research roadmaps with interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, or cross-disciplinary approaches.
|4. Special Skills|
Ability to create innovative plans of study related to educational instruction in higher education, conduct effective teaching and learning and communication inside and outside the classroom.
Ability to synthesize contextual knowledge, science, and technology needed to solve problems in science and education through research and collaborative work
Ability to demonstrate entrepreneurial and leadership skills
The ability to use the implications of the development or application of science and technology that pays attention to and applies humanities values according to their expertise based on scientific principles, procedures, and ethics to produce solutions, ideas, criticisms, compose a scientific description of the results of their studies in the form of a final project or dissertation.
|A. Core Courses of the Study Program (MKIKPS)|
The philosophy of Science
Cultural and THK-Based Humanistic Education
Critical Issues and New Paradigm in Education
Advanced Educational Research Methodology
Educational Sociology and Education
An Analysis of Educational Program and Program Evaluation in Education
Innovation in Instruction Model and Evaluation Model
|Total of MKIKPS’ Credit Hours (CHs)||37|
|B. Elective Skills Courses of Study Program (MKPPS)|
An Analysis of Instructional Planning and its Implementation
An Analysis of Educational System in the Archipelago
Comparative Study in The Educational System in Asian and Western Countries
Modern Test Theories
Developing Standardized Instrument for Testing
Advanced Research on Education Evaluation
Strategic Management in Education
Management in Professional Development of Education Staff
Critical Analysis of Problematical and Hypothetical Issues in Instructional Technology
The Development of Science Technology
Education Management Information System
Material and Instructional Model Development
Instructional Evaluation Model Development
Critical Analysis on Education Today
Systematical Analysis on Theories, Models, and Counselling Techniques
Innovative Counselling Model Development
Management and Educational Professional Development
Democracy, Human Rights and Multiculturalism
|Total of MKPPS’ Credit Hours (CHs)||9|
|C. Aanvullen Courses (MKAv) *)|
Models of Instruction
|Total of aanvullen course’s Credit Hours (CHs)||12|
Total numbers of credit hours for students with the same background of education (who have taken the School of Postgraduate Studies’ Skills Course in Master degree)
Total numbers of credit hours for students with the different background of education (who have taken the School of Postgraduate Studies’ Skills Course in Master degree) (Including aanvullen)
|No.||Name and Expertise Guest Lecturer|
Dr. Robert Lemelson from UCLA with the topic Anthropological Approach to Neurodiversity in Education
Agaath Hoeksema from Netherlands with the topic Curriculum for students with Special Needs
Prof. Dr. Sudarwan Danim from Universitas Bengkulu with the topic Critical Pedagogy
Dr. Gumawang Jati from Institut Teknologi Bandung with the topic Cyber Pedagogy
- Jalan Udayana No.11 Singaraja